Built for Olympic athletes, the new Mavic Crossmax SL Ultimate wheel is the most dynamic XC wheelset ever created by Mavic. Lighter, stiffer, faster—it’s all about going for gold.
At only 1340 grams, this is the wheel that performance-obsessed cross-country racers dream of. Developed with input from top pro racers seeking a competitive advantage at World Cups and the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, it features an ultralight full carbon 29” rim (340g) for fast acceleration and climbing without compromising stiffness and durability. A specific carbon construction: Adaptive layup technology enabled us to handcraft these carbon rims with less material between the spokes. The spoke holes are reinforced with strategically positioned carbon layering in a process that minimizes weight without compromising stiffness and strength. A lighter rim means faster acceleration, more efficient climbing and a more responsive feel on the trail. Extensive field testing with our pro athletes determined that a 25mm inner width was ideal for a quick, precise ride quality and optimized tire grip on fast racetracks. For more technical trails, some preferred a 30mm width for added control, so we created two options. It’s your choice, and you can mix the two if you want. You could choose the Crossmax Ultimate 25 for the rear to boost acceleration and efficiency, and the Crossmax Ultimate 30 for the front to add confidence and control on rugged singletrack.
The rim is laced with 24 straight-pull double butted spokes (same spoke length throughout), two-crossed for maximum power transfer and enhanced vertical compliance. The new lighter Infinity hub design optimizes lateral stiffness, and the spoke lacing maximizes power transfer. Our Instant Drive 360 freewheel with a double ratchet system provides fast engagement and high stiffness to help you accelerate out of corners faster. The rear hub is compatible with Shimano HG9, Micro Spline and SRAM XD driver bodies. The Crossmax SL Ultimate 25 is available with 6-bolt or center lock brake rotors in 29” only and is compatible with a 15x110 front axle and 12x148 rear. It comes with valves, spare spokes and MTB wheel covers.
- Fly up climbs and accelerate faster: New carbon Adaptive layup technology shaves 70g per rim. 25mm wide rim weighs only 340g. Lighter hub design with 24 straight-pull spokes for improved stiffness.
- Stiff, efficient power transfer and smooth ride quality: Special carbon rim layup for superior rim stiffness. Double-butted, two-cross spoke pattern for enhanced vertical compliance. Ultra-reliable ID360 dual ratchet freewheel for instant engagement helps you sprint out of corners faster.
- Two rim width choices to suit your riding style and terrain: 25mm hookless carbon rim option provides the lightest, most dynamic wheelset for XC racing.
- Front axle: 15x110 Boost thru axle.
- Rear axle: 12x148 Boost thru axle.
- 6-bolt disc standard.
- Weight: 1340 gr.
- Asymmetrical rim design.
- Material: 100% carbon fiber.
- Hookless profile.
- Internal width: 25 mm.
- ETRTO size 29": 622x25TSS.
- UST Tubeless Ready.
In the box:
- 2 replacement spokes with each wheel.
- Pre-installed tubeless rim tape.
- Multifonction adjustment wrench (delivered with rear wheel).
- UST valve and accessories.
Mavic Crossmax SL Ultimate 29 Boost 6b wheels
Orders received on our All4cycling online store will be shipped within 24-72 hours since the reception of the payment. The shipping and delivery times vary according to the chosen shipping method and the parcel weight.
Shipping charges are free for the states listed below, beyond the amount shown:
- Italy - EUR 79,00
- Europe (incl. Monaco - San Marino) - EUR 149,00
- Australia - EUR 249,00
- Canada - EUR 249,00
- Japan - EUR 249,00
- Switzerland - EUR 249,00
- U.S.A. * - EUR 249,00
Shipments outside the EU
Local VAT and any customs duties for shipments of goods to customers outside the European Community (extra EU) will be borne by the consignee and will be requested by the forwarder at the time of delivery of the goods. In case of non-delivery because of the customs duties (local VAT and any duties) required by the importing country, any costs incurred by us for the return of the goods will be deducted from the refund.
Pick and Pay
All the items on the All4cycling online store can be picked up and paid directly at the All4cycling store in Via Gianfranco Miglio, 2, 21045 Gazzada Schianno VA (available only in Italy in the provinces of Milan, Varese, Como, Lodi, Monza-Brianza, Lecco, Sondrio, Verbano-Cusio-Ossola, Bergamo, Brescia, Biella, Novara and Vercelli)