When we came out with the original Alpha Jacket, we wrote, “Throw out everything you think you know about cycling jackets.”
We’ve done it once again. So throw out everything you think you know about cycling jackets.
Until now, your cycling wardrobe has consisted of clothing for dry weather and separate clothing for wet weather. You never wore your wet-weather clothing in dry conditions because it was too clammy inside and too flappy outside. And your dry-weather clothing just didn’t hold up to rain. The Gabba and Perfetto family helped bridge that gap, but the Alpha RoS takes it to another level.
We started by keeping everything that made the original Alpha Jacket your favorite dry-weather jacket: the two-layer construction to separate the insulation layer from the outer shell, the double front opening to diffuse the cold air when you open up to ventilate, the excellent breathability, the flat wrist and waist openings, the articulated collar, the insanely soft stretch fabrics, and the great fit.
By using Gore’s new Windstopper® light rain-resistant membrane and DWR treatment, selective seam sealing, careful seam placement and construction, and a waterproof YKK® Vislon® zipper, we’ve made the jacket essentially waterproof while not compromising the characteristics that made it such a great dry-weather jacket.
The outdoor industry has traditionally determined what counts as “waterproof”: minimum 10,000 mm water column and complete seam taping. But that definition means too many compromises in the overall usability of the jacket, in the softness, in the fit, and in the jacket’s overall ability to keep you dry and comfortable by maximizing breathability. So we set our own definition of real-world usability and went out and tested this on the nastiest days of our Italian fall. An occasional drop may come in through a seam, but you’re going to stay warm and dry because the jacket keeps nearly all water out from the outside while letting most moisture out from the inside.
This jacket feels like a game changer. It’s a significant step toward Castelli’s goal of making clothing that performs impeccably in the dry but offers complete water protection in the rain. And it will make your riding enjoyable, rain or shine.
- Rain or Shine engineering makes this our best jacket ever for dry conditions while also providing significant rain protection.
- GORE-TEX INFINIUM™ WINDSTOPPER® 150 fabric for wind protection with high breathability and effective rain protection.
- Reduced seaming with seam sealing on shoulders reduces chances for water to enter through stitching.
- Double-layer Alpha construction separates insulating layer from wind/water barrier to let you better regulate ventilation.
- Water-resistant YKK® Vislon® zipper slides easily for better regulation of airflow.
- Raw-edge waist with silicone gripper lies flat and seals out wind.
- Double-layer cuff integrates with glove to prevent cold wind or water from entering at wrist.
- Stretch fabrics with advanced patterning make for excellent close-to-body fit that still accommodates a wide range of body types.
- Back ventilation.
- 3 rear pockets with reflective laser-cut drain holes.
- Zippered secure side pocket for valuables.
- -5°/10 °C.
- Weight: 525 gr.
- Color: Green (Military green).
Castelli Alpha Ros 2 jacket - Green
Orders received on our All4cycling online store will be shipped within 24-72 hours since the reception of the payment.
Shipping costs start from
|€ 5,90||STANDARD SHIPPING in Italy with express courier|
The shipping and delivery times and costs may vary according on the country of delivery, the shipping method chosen and depending on the parcel weight.
|Shipping charges are free for the states listed below, beyond the amount shown|
|€ 129,00||Europe, Principality of Monaco and San Marino|
|€ 249,00||Australia, Canada, Japan, Switzerland, U.S.A. (excluding Puerto Rico and the Mariana Islands)|
Shipments for all bicycles have the following fixed costs.
|€ 59.00||Rest of the World|
Shipments outside the EU
Local VAT and any customs duties for shipments of goods to customers outside the European Community (extra EU) will be borne by the consignee and will be requested by the forwarder at the time of delivery of the goods. In case of non-delivery because of the customs duties (local VAT and any duties) required by the importing country, any costs incurred by us for the return of the goods will be deducted from the refund.
Pick and Pay
All the items on the online store can be picked up at the All4cycling store near Varese (Italy) placed in Via Gianfranco Miglio 2, 21045 Gazzada Schianno VA.