We use proprietary and third-party cookies in order to improve our services. Click here for more detailed information.
Specialized Tarmac SL6 Sport Disc - Black
Usually shipped within 1-2 working days
When Specialized developed the new Tarmac Disc, they didn't just want it to be fast, no, they wanted it to be reactive in any situation. Long climbs, windy flats, Grand Tour stages, local fondos—they built a race bike to be the most complete out there.
For the construction, Specialized's engineers utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of the new FACT 8r carbon. It's the most advanced material, and schedule, they've ever made and this allowed them to shed nearly 200 grams. That's right, a 20% reduction in frame weight—the perfect recipe for your next hill climb PR. Specialized also took major steps to improving the Rider-First Engineered™ technology to ensure that the new Tarmac is stiff and compliant in exactly the right places, all while shedding some serious weight. From different layup schedules and materials, to visibly different forks, they scrutinized every single aspect of the new Tarmac to ensure you're getting the perfect ride. With this revamp, they also updated the geometry, basing it on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer. But why disc brakes? The real question is "why not?" They offer superior braking power and modulation, work exceptionally well in wet weather, and offer a very, very minor weight addition. All this means that you have more control and can go faster with more confidence. During the six-month iterative process, three areas were discovered where they could do this—a new fork shape, dropped seatstays with aero tubes, and a D-shaped seatpost and seat tube. The result? A bike that's approximately 45 seconds faster over 40 km compared to other lightweight bikes in the same category.
- Bottom bracket: shimano threaded.
- Chain: kmc x11 el, 11-speed w/ missing link™.
- Crankset: shimano 105 r7000, hollowtech 2, 11-speed.
- Shift levers: shimano 105 r7020 hydraulic disc.
- Front derailleur: shimano 105 r7000, braze-on.
- Cassette: shimano 105 r7000, 11-speed, 11-30t.
- Chainrings: 50/34t.
- Rear derailleur: shimano 105 r7000-gs, medium cage.
- Fork: fact 10r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc.
- Saddle: body geometry power sport.
- Seat binder: alloy 31.2mm.
- Tape: roubaix s-wrap.
- Seatpost: s-works fact carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset.
- Handlebars. specialized shallow drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp.
- Stem: specialized, 3d-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise.
- Rear wheel: dt r470 disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h.
- Inner tubes: presta, 48mm valve.
- Front tire: turbo pro, 60 tpi, folding bead, blackbelt protection, 700x26mm.
- Rear tire: turbo pro, 60 tpi, folding bead, blackbelt protection, 700x26mm.
- Front wheel: dt r470 disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h.
- Front brake: shimano 105 r7070, hydraulic disc.
- Rear brake: shimano 105 r7070, hydraulic disc.
- Frame: tarmac sl6, fact 9r carbon, rider-first engineered™, threaded bb, clean routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc.
- Color: gloss carbon/chameleon.