We use proprietary and third-party cookies in order to improve our services. Click here for more detailed information.
S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc 2019 frame - Black
Product not saleable in: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United States
Usually shipped within 1-2 working days
S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc frame, when Specialized developed the new S-Works Tarmac Disc, it did not want to be just faster. He wanted it to be fast in every situation. In the long climbs, in the windy plains, in the Grand Tour stages and in the local races - they wanted to make the most versatile and complete bike in circulation. Now, with the disc brakes, they made it and made it even more complete.
Aerospace software was used for the construction, re-designing the layup of the new FACT 12r carbon fiber frame. It is the best carbon quality that they have ever used, and then optimizing the profile and the schedule managed to file almost 200 grams. Yes, it's true, it represents a 20% reduction in the weight of the frame-not bad for your personal record on the next climb.
They further refined their Rider-First Engineered ™ technology to make sure the Tarmac was stiff in the right places. During this work they have also further improved the geometry - thanks to the Retül data collection and the input received from professional athletes. The new Performance Road geometry perfects the combination of a reactive front end with a short wheelbase, resulting in instantaneous responses and optimal power transfer.
While stiffness offers the aforementioned benefits, vibration absorption also plays an important role in achieving optimal driving quality. That's why we created a seat post that provides a degree of flexibility in the last 120mm, we lowered the seat covers and modified the profile of the seatpost. The compatibility with tires up to 30mm has also been increased, it is now possible to mount the 28mm Turbo Cotton on Roval CLX 50 wheels. This set up allows lower pressures to be used for lower rolling resistance, superior traction and comfort. With these tricks the Tarmac is always a race machine, with the advantage of slightly smoothing the imperfections of some roads. You'll thank us the next time you make a long way out on the road.
But why mount disc brakes? The right question would be "Why do not you mount them?" They provide more power and modulation of the braking, they work well when it rains, while the extra intake is very little. With the best control you can go faster, with greater confidence.
All of this is beautiful, but we know that aerodynamics is an essential factor if we want to make it go faster. The athletes of the Quick Step Floors and Bora-Hansgrohe teams always ask for aerodynamic improvements. The aim was therefore to seek advantages in this sense, without detracting from the driving quality of the Tarmac. During the development period we discovered three areas where we could get results - a new fork profile, lowered aerodynamic profile sheaths and a D-shaped seat and seatpost. The result is a bike that is about 45 seconds faster over a distance of 40km compared to other bikes in the same category. A difference that you feel when you are on the run.
- The Rider-First Engineered ™ design ensures that each frame size has the same characteristics of rising responsiveness and downhill agility. The FACT 12r carbon fiber frame, the best quality, provides the perfect combination of lightness and rigidity.
- The S-Works carbon fiber fork FACT with tapered steering creates an incredibly rigid front end and a very precise guide even in instantaneous accelerations or downhill runs.
- The carbon seat post offers impeccable power transfer, while allowing comfort for long days in the saddle.
- Bottom Bracket: OSBB, CeramicSpeed bearings.
- Seatpost: S-Works FACT Carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset.
- Collar: Tarmac SL6 clamp assembly.
- Chassis: S-Works Tarmac SL6, FACT 12r carbon, Rider-First Engineered ™, OSBB, clean routing, Di2 specific, internally integrated seat clamp, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc.
- Fork: S-Works FACT carbon, 12x100mm, thru-axle.
- Black satin/black reflective..