While carbon often gets all the credit, alloy is far from obsolete, especially the M5 premium aluminum with D'Aluisio Smartweld technology found on the Epic Comp Alloy. It's lightweight, stiff, and can also take a beating. But not only that, you also get a redesigned version of the Brain suspension technology that's made the Epic famous.
Race courses have evolved over the past few years. They're more technical, steeper, and simply more challenging to ride. But instead of quivering in our boots, we saw this as an opportunity to make something special—something that both World Cup athletes and XC riders alike can instantly feel the benefit from. We looked at the sum of parts that make a bike handle well, like the head angle, reach, stack, chainstay length, fork offset, etc., and reevaluated all of it. Increasing the reach made a bike that was more stable at speed and generally more comfortable to ride. Dropper posts? Yep, those fit, and not just a short-travel XC option, but full-length droppers that fit in the 30.9mm seat tube. Head angle? We slacked that out, but not without evaluating the overall handling package. It now lands on a custom offset, 42mm fork that works with the slacker head angle in order to behave itself in tight corners and through switchbacks.
Next comes the redesigned Brain technology, Brain 2.0. The Brain changed the way the bike world looked at suspension, both its inefficiencies and benefits alike. And oh was it good. It won races and put a flag in the ground for us as a true leader in innovation and suspension development, but we knew that we could make it better. Simple physics told us that, by moving the Brain closer to the rear axle, it would be in the most sensitive spot. And after countless hours with the RockShox team, the new Brain became more than just a slight upgrade. It's totally new. Now, it reacts seamlessly to bump forces, it has much more consistent damping performance, and finally, it integrates the hoses into the suspension links. This, in turn, improves oil paths, and it creates an incredibly sleek package that outperforms anything on the market.
- The M5 alloy frame with D'Aluisio Smartweld technology is reliable, durable and lightweight.
- RockShox Reba RL fork with 100mm stroke, return and compression adjustment.
- Single-speed SRAM GX 11-speed transmission, perfect for the XC.
- Chassis: Specialized m5 aluminum w / d aluisio smartweld technology, threaded bb, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel.
- Fork: RockShox Reba RL 29, Motion Control damper, 42mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle, 100mm of travel.
- Rear shock absorber: Custom RockShox Micro Brain shock w / Spike Valve, AUTOSAG, 51x257mm.
- Front hub: Specialized, sealed cartridge bearing, 15x110mm spacing, torque caps, 32h.
- Rear hub: Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h.
- Rays: Dt swiss industry, stainless, 3-cross, 2.0 ".
- Rims: Roval control 29, hookless alloy, 22mm internal width, tubeless-ready, 32h.
- Rooms: Standard, presta valve.
- Front tire: Fast trak, gripton compound, 2bliss ready, 29 x 2.3 ".
- Post tire: Fast trak, gripton compound, 2bliss ready, 29 x 2.1 ".
- Crankset: Truvativ STYLO, DU.
- Gears: SRAM Eagle, 32T.
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB, threaded BB.
- Controls: Sram NX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed.
- Rear gearbox: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed.
- Cassette: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed, 11-50t.
- Chain: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed.
- Front brake: Sram level tl, hydraulic disc, organic pads, 160 / 180mm rotor.
- Rear brake: Sram level tl, hydraulic disc, organic pads, 160 rotor.
- Handlebar: Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp.
- Grips: Specialized sip grip, half-waffle, s / m: regular thickness, l / xl: xl thickness.
- Handlebar stem: Specialized xc, 3d-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise.
- Saddle: Body geometry phenom comp, hollow cr-mo rails, 143mm.
- Seatpost: Specialized, alloy, single bolt, 30.9mm.
- Collar: Alloy, 30.9mm.
- Pedals: Specialized platform, 9/16 "spindle.
Specialized Epic2019 Comp M5 29 - Black red
Orders received on our All4cycling online store will be shipped within 24-72 hours since the reception of the payment. The shipping and delivery times vary according to the chosen shipping method and the parcel weight.
Shipping charges are free for the states listed below, beyond the amount shown:
- Italy - EUR 79,00
- Europe (incl. Monaco - San Marino) - EUR 149,00
- Australia - EUR 249,00
- Canada - EUR 249,00
- Japan - EUR 249,00
- Switzerland - EUR 249,00
- U.S.A. - EUR 249,00
Shipments outside the EU
Local VAT and any customs duties for shipments of goods to customers outside the European Community (extra EU) will be borne by the consignee and will be requested by the forwarder at the time of delivery of the goods. In case of non-delivery because of the customs duties (local VAT and any duties) required by the importing country, any costs incurred by us for the return of the goods will be deducted from the refund.
Pick and Pay
All the items on the All4cycling online store can be picked up and paid directly at the All4cycling store in Via Gianfranco Miglio, 2, 21045 Gazzada Schianno VA (available only in Italy in the provinces of Milan, Varese, Como, Lodi, Monza-Brianza, Lecco, Sondrio, Verbano-Cusio-Ossola, Bergamo, Brescia, Biella, Novara and Vercelli)